Tuesday, December 17, 2013

October Feast


I know I'm literally 2 months behind on this, but fear not, I'm done for the semester and have all the time in the world to cook and update!!! This post is for October's feast, which we actually did in the beginning of November...yeah we break rules. The ingredients were: tomatoes, salmon, and something sticky. Unfortunately, I did not photograph the dessert, and it was done before I could. It was caramel popcorn, and needless to say, my husband loved it....hence no photograph. I gathered a few gorgeous heirloom tomatoes (aren't they just beautiful!!!). I really did not know how to combine such a tart flavor with the delicateness of salmon. I started with the yellow heirloom and made a basil infused puree and went from there. I used a lean salmon from Alaska, and lightly S&P'd it, then topped it with the basil/tomato puree, and baked it. Then I thinly sliced the remaining tomatoes and tossed it in an olive oil/salt/basil mixture to make a light salad. This was definitely an OUT of season meal, but it was quite refreshing! I topped off the salmon with peppery arugula. It was the most out of the box I could think considering my 3 major deadlines that were fast approaching! The puree was a knockout and can be used on a lot of different things.


What's in it:
-salmon, variety heirloom tomatoes, basil, S&P, arugula, EVOO



No comments:

Post a Comment