Saturday, August 20, 2011

Jalapeno Jack Grilled Cheese on Sourdough


Baby Red Chard

 So I lied again about the whole only baking thing during Ramadan. I made a trip to good ol' HEB today and got some wonderful, fresh deliciousness to eat. Tonight, I made a grilled cheese on sourdough bread with jalapeno jack cheese. The things that really made this sandwich delightful is baby red chard and arugula. The chard with the sourdough creates a lovely nutty flavor that complements the spice from the cheese quite well. I had to photograph my sandwich really quickly because I couldn't wait to eat it.
I don't have many comments for this post, because I'm still thinking about the awesome sandwich I just devoured. And I'm also thinking about the coffee Haagen Dazs in my freezer...

Oh, and here's my reminder for making grilled cheeses: transfer the sandwich from a pan and finish it off under a broiler for about 1 minute! It's like magic!

What's in it:
-sourdough bread, jalapeno jack cheese, baby red chard, arugula

__________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment