Thursday, January 13, 2011

Banana Nutella Stuffed French Toast


As you can probably tell, I have a thing for nutella. It's just so dang delicious! For you breakfast lovers out there, this is something you'll like. I had it for brunch today (since I woke up at 11:30). Last night I had a massive craving for one, so I had already decided then I'd make it this morning. French toast is quite simple to make, but also quite easy to mess up. If you're not stuffing it, then it's hard to mess up...unless you forget to flip it and end up burning it. However, when stuffing it, you have to make sure you dip it in the egg properly. Here's a tip: dip it far enough to where the surface of the egg mixture just barely skims the top of the bread, then flip it to get the other side soaked too. Aka, don't let the egg run into the middle of the two pieces of bread. Also, one egg is enough for 2 pieces of bread. Make sure the pan is on medium heat, or you'll end up scorching the toast too quickly. The bread only needs to be flipped once. You literally keep it on the heat for about a minute total, just enough to cook the egg and warm the nutella. So the secret ingredient I use in this is pure raw honey. I add it to the egg mixture and it brings out this wonderful taste to the final product. I ate this with a glass of OJ, and it totally jump-started my morning the right way.

What's in it:
-egg, sugar, honey, bread, bananas, nutella, powdered sugar (for garnish)

____________

2 comments: