Thursday, January 6, 2011

Turkey Sandwich


Woman, make me a sandwich. Sure, no problem. I don't find the whole male "make me a sandwich" ideology offensive. I love making sandwiches! The women who do feel like it's a chauvinistic, sexist thing to make one can't make sandwiches...it's as simple as that. Of course, if I don't feel like making you a sandwich, then tough luck, you shall go hungry. However, 9.9/10 times I am in the sandwich-making mood. Anyhow, I'm off topic. I didn't know what to eat for lunch today, sooo I noticed we had some turkey. Awesome. Turkey is the single best protein out there. It's so light and delicious and can be smoked or glazed, or flavored with honey or mesquite (the one I used is smoked). We have a holiday dedicated to it. We dress it up. We put it on a giant plate in the center of the table and then devour it until our brains are numb and we become comatose. Ross from Friends went ballistic over the loss of a turkey sandwich. That's how amazing they are. I would have probably made this sandwich with ciabatta bread, but didn't have any on hand...so 12 grain had to do. The thing about this sandwich is the special mayo I made. It has a slight kick of cayenne spice that complements the subtle bite of the thinly julienned green bell peppers that I stacked on top of the turkey. As you bite down you can taste the flavors and textures of each layer, from the mayo to the crisp lettuce to the tangy pepper to the rich turkey. It all binds together with the softness of the bread and dances a dance of pomp and circumstance along your tongue and does a conga line down to your stomach. Deliciousness indeed.

What's in it:
-12 grain bread, turkey, lettuce, green bell pepper, special mayo

__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment