Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crab Cakes

 
My Secret Sauce!

 This dish is slightly inspired by an episode of Food Network Star, where the contestants had to create something using packaged goods such as Cheez Its or Townhouse crackers. So I wanted to get rid of the crab meat that was sitting in my fridge and I decided to make crab cakes. While gathering some ingredients, I realized I really need to make a trip to good ol' HEB. Anyways, to make crab cakes you need at least mayo, eggs, and some form of breading--that's what binds everything together and keeps the cake from falling apart. Now, you're probably asking, how did FNS inspire me? Well, that's where the Townhouse Flatbread Crisps come in. I crushed up a whole bunch of crackers and used that as my breading. I used the Italian Herb flavor, so it gave more dimension to the cakes. Using butter in your pan will help add extra flavor, but make sure the fat has stopped bubbling before you put the cakes in, or else it'll make them soggy and not crispy.
I was going to put them on a bed of arugula, but I didn't have any...
However,  I did make a sauce to go with it. Instead of tartar, I made my own 'special sauce'.

PS: my secret ingredient for the crab cake is wasabi powder.

What's in it:
-Crab cakes: crab meat, mayo, egg, dried mustard, wasabi powder, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, red chili powder, dried oregano, Townhouse Flatbread Crisps
-Sauce: it's a secret ;)

___________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment