Sunday, July 10, 2011

Garbanzo Rice Soup





Today it rained. Praise the Lord. It was a light, transient rain, but still rain nonetheless. The afternoon was bright and lovely. I had my curtains adjusted to let in the day's light, which made for a beautiful ambiance in my livingroom. I lit a candle and had Ludovico Einaudi serenading me on Pandora as I filled my brain with wonderfully useless useful MCAT facts. Yet, it was an almost perfect afternoon....
As I finished my work, the world outside my window got darker, and my stomach got hungrier. I hadn't the energy to make something complicated, so I figured soup would be easy and filling. I threw together some rice, chick peas (garbanzo), sweet corn, vegetable stock, scallions, and a bunch of spices to make a hearty soup with earthy and vibrant tones. The slightest drizzle of olive oil on top just kicks it up a notch (gotta thank Chef Ramsay for that). I paired it with some awesome Italian herb crackers and kicked back while watching a NOVA documentary on dreaming (which made me sleepy, of course). Gotta love lazy Sundays.

What's in it:
-vegetable stock, basmati rice, sweet corn, garbanzo beans, scallions, cumin, paprika, red chili flakes, chipotle, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil

___________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment