Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mac & Cheese


I have been craving a good bowl of heart-wrenching, stroke-inducing, arteriosclerosis-forming mac and cheese for the past week. Last night, I decided I wouldn't stand by anymore and went on a shopping trip just for some of that cheesy goodness. I used two types of cheese--sharp cheddar and monterey jack--for a fuller flavor. I always like mac and cheese with a bread crumb crust on top, so I made this in the oven. This is only the second time I've made it (the first was a 3 cheese mac and cheese casserole for Thanksgiving a while back). No wonder there's a problem with obese kids these days. Mac and cheese is addictive. And that's all they eat. Yay for southern cooking.

Also, the Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E Friends episode was coming on while I was making this! It was fate.

What's in it:
-macaroni shells, sharp cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, milk, eggs, ground mustard, salt, powdered black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, panko bread crumbs

______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment