Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chicken Salad

This is like crack-cocaine. That's what my sister said today during lunch. My other sister, Saadia (the one I made this for), came home from Nashville exactly 15 minutes after I added the celery on top. Perfect timing, I'd say. I remember having the most delicious mint chicken salad several years ago that some auntie made, and after that I wanted to make my own. I just threw together some stuff and, voila! You get an illegal street substance! I should sell this in alleyways now. It'll be a great way to pay for tuition. Anyhow, I actually don't like the process that goes into making this wonderful concoction of mayo and chicken. First you have to thaw the chicken, then cut it up, then bake it, then shred it, then add the mayo, and stir it, then add the spices, cut the celery, stir all that....it's tiring I tell ya! You'd think even with my new bionic shoulder it'd be easier. Wrong. However, it's totally worth it in the end. One bite, and I guarantee you'll love me forever. It's so versatile too. You can stick it between two pieces of bread, or in a sub, or on top of a baguette as shown below. That was from Thanksgiving this year. I made them last year as an appetizer, then it became tradition.
You just stick the chicken salad on top of untoasted baguette or French bread, then toast it for like 2 minutes, and the mayo melts a little...it's delicious, I promise.

What's in it:
-chicken, salt, cracked black pepper, mayo, paprika, oregano, celery, and a hint of red chili

No comments:

Post a Comment