Thursday, December 23, 2010

Shrimp Fried Rice


Fried rice is probably one of the easiest, quickest, on-hand dish that anyone can make. I've never had to plan to get ingredients, which is awesome. It's like the gumbo of China...you throw in whatever you want and get a warm, hearty meal with minimal dish usage. I've been known to use a lot of various pans and bowls and spoons whenever I'm cooking. With fried rice, all it takes is one skillet and maybe a cutting board. Anyhow, with fried rice, you can pretty much add anything to it to dress it up. This is my brother's favorite dish, so I make it often, with it being slightly different each time. I saute the shrimp first for a minute on each side, remove it and keep the oil that's already in the pan and then cook the rice in there. The flavor of the shrimp then gets infused into the rice, making it much richer and tastier. Once you get the rice browning a bit, add the egg in the center and scramble it into the rice; then add everything else along with soy sauce. Bam. You're done.

What's in it:
-long white rice, shrimp, egg, peas, cabbage, soy sauce, sriracha hot sauce, cracked black pepper

_______

No comments:

Post a Comment