Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake

First, I don't know why I don't have a better picture of this cake. Seriously. I make it at least 74368912379324 times during the months of November and December. I found this one...from Thanksgiving I believe. It's still in the bundt pan...fail. I'll probably be making it sometime this week and will take a better, more appetizing picture of it and replace this one. Anyways, back to the cake itself. This is my world famous (and by world I mean the Houston/Katy/Sugarland area) pumpkin spice cake. I made it for the first time several years ago...can't remember when honestly. Anyhow, needless to say it was a hit. I started making it for Eid, Thanksgiving, the winter holidays in general, for Saadia's cravings, etc etc. The cake is delicate and smooth, yet lasting and powerful. It has a slight scent of ginger infused into it, which I achieve by grinding fresh ginger root with a mortar and pestle and adding it to the batter. It's a wonderful companion to coffee or chai, or just alone topped with a spoonful of whipped cream. Oh, and you can't just have one slice. Trust me.

What's in it:
-yellow cake flour mixture, eggs, oil, pumpkin, cream cheese, ginger, cinnamon, chocolate chips

_______

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made it for the first time in november 2006 when i was living at home and we decided to go crazy with baking, that year was when we started the whole baking thing for the fall and winter season, this recipe along with the biscotti was from that kraft cookbook and we decided to modify the recipe a bit, and then i left home and you just took off on your own baking, esp this cake.

    ReplyDelete